Shopper Marketing - October 2016 - 146
SHOPPING IN THE FLOW™
DIVING INTO THE DATA:
THE CHANGING WORLD OF DYNAMIC RETAIL
Desire for new technology by category
Certain product categories are considered more suitable for
* Artificial Intelligence is more suitable for clothing, perhaps for style
matching and size preferences.
* Take-out food is a natural match to connected cars.
* Connected TV is most suitable for home décor, because shoppers
can explore decorating options while still in their home environment.
* The toy category was one in which shoppers do not want to leverage
technology. We believe this is due to their need for physical interaction
with toys prior to purchase.
Recommendation: Match your product or service with the right shopping
technology. Your shoppers want tech that feels tailored to what you sell.
Recommendation: Make sure your technology is making
shopping faster. Your shoppers demand it.
Factors driving adoption
Our respondents rated 14 new shopping technologies
according to 17 different attributes, including their desire
to use that new tech for shopping.
What shoppers want from any new tech:
3. It sounds exciting
4. It makes their shopping easier
5. It makes their shopping faster
Recommendation: Use these five traits to help predict
whether a new technology is something your shoppers
TPN SPECIAL REPORT PART 2
1. It provides a valuable benefit
2. It complements the way they currently shop
More than 83% of respondents believe this is true (only 7.9%
disagreed). Even 81.5% of older shoppers agree.
Consumers understand that Shopping in the Flow is a
reality and is having a positive impact on their lives.
Shopping is getting faster